Re: [Gnumed-devel] re convenience views and plugins

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re convenience views and plugins
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:09:49 +0200

> Thanks for the comm view;  the hard coded comm types were following
> gmDemographics, and I was assuming the comm types ids were going
> to be frozen as  constant int values, with the comm  type names localized.
Yeah, I guess for now it will do anyways ! We can always add a
"real" :-) flattened view when we need it. After all
v_basic_person does not list all names for a person either
(with good reason).

> The plugin load/unload  menu worked quite nicely, and the usability is
> good( do/undo ).
It should be noted that the functionality was originally coded
by Ian (?). I just simplified it (by removing choices that *I*
orginally suggested :^) but were not coded until now) and making
sure it works. However, one thing's still missing: It will
load/unload the plugin just fine. However, it won't reload()
the module code so changes to the code won't take effect
(since the module stays imported across loads/unloads).

> - at the moment , I'm using the gnumed backend to learn struts/tomcat in
> java : oscar has a little struts in it, but I like gnumed's backend better,
> and I wanted to see how it would work with a web client.
Might make for a nice *browsing* frontend for remote viewing ?