Re: [Gnumed-devel] oddb.org

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] oddb.org
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:41:20 +0200

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:16:34 +0200
Dominique Buenzli <address@hidden> wrote:

> > http://oddb.org

> One question:
> Will the "drug information browser" from gnumed be able to browse this
> database too ?
Once I finish my thesis (which will hopefully happen this month) I will try to
do some work on the drug browser.
In fact, if one can import the contents of oddb into some postgres database,
the browser should be able to access this data right now after adapting the
interface control files  (see client/drugObject-definition/). I plan to add a
XML-RPC inteface, too, but I'm not sure if there is some sort of interface to
access the database at oddb.org directly (except through http).
The basic infrastructure to browse oddb should be there already. I don't know
what kind of features in addition to browsing information on drugs (e.g.
finding the cheapest one) should be implemented.

Hilmar