Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mistaken Patients - PNG enclosed

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mistaken Patients - PNG enclosed
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:44:25 +1000

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:30 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Horsts description of the problem is just so.... common, that I've got to
> > the point where I reckon when the patient's data is loaded, up should
> > come a large photograph in the centre of the screen, as per the png
> > enclosed which I built into my program but never use because of lack of
> > digital camera.

No, in fact to the contrary. I think mistaken patient identity is such as
problem it should hit you in the face with simple details.

Note my previously complaints about wanting to save passwords etc. Compare it
to this. I think this sort of logon screen should come up without focus on
the buttons, so that one should have to do something active like pick up the
mouse and confirm. I suspect that in time to come we will not have access to
the records unless the patient is the one who confirms the identity.

Regards

Richard