Re: [Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Thanks + Q re missing GUI elements

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Thanks + Q re missing GUI elements
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:53:19 -0400

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 08:10:59AM +1000, Richard Terry wrote:
> Hey, that's really cool, works well. Thanks heaps.
>
> Question.
>
> I'm in the process of doing the icons for the gmDemographics toolbar.
>
> 2)Note that when gnumed boots up that the clinical sections such as
> vaccinations/allergies now have own tabs on the bottom, wheras design wise
> they shouldn't appear until the clinical tab is clicked on, and then be
> linked to buttons on the top tool bar, not tabs on the bottom.
I really disagree here, as this slows down navigating the interface
(click at the bottom on "clinical", then click again up top to select
the clinical widget -- 2 clicks too many)
Also we are unable to formulate or enforce any rule about where
(clinical/toplevel) widgets should go: result total confusion, new
users will have to memorise an arbitrary system for where widgets go.
> 3)Also the tabbed lists and scratch pad and reminders/recalls panel has
> disappeared.
Will be back soon.

> there been any debate about a completely stand alone 'Office' component to
> gnuMed, which would contain things like patient demographics/billing/recall
> maintenance etc etc.
IMHO this is the way to go.
Remember the list of modules loaded is user dependent: so a secretary
logging in will get demographics, billing, recalls etc., a doctor
will get all the clinical ones, and the adminstrator will
(in the fullness of time) modules for user account management etc,
so we already have separate clients in that sense.

Ian