re: [Gnumed-devel] Thinking about a Gnumed middleware..

From: sjtan
Subject: re: [Gnumed-devel] Thinking about a Gnumed middleware..
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:20:14 +1000

This issue has been debated literally for years on this list,
without any really satisfactory solutions. Many people have tried to
think up ways of basically autogenerating middleware from the backend schema,
(or generating both from a common base) However none seem to have the
flexibility of
our current "handmade" middleware, particular when it comes to wrapping complex SQL queries.

and some of us aren't giving up either ;)
well, mainly as a different L+F tool for RAP ( rapid application prototyping ).

Does anyone know of a gui framework that have zoomable widgets and windows? (i.e. like pdf viewers, but forms ; I'm supposing
freeloading gnu people don't get to see the "enterprise" versions much  ).