Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:26:54 -0700

At 7:37 PM +1000 9/13/04, Richard Terry wrote:
Having multiple clients open with multiple patients is asking for trouble.

I have all along been wondering if a good design could, with exceptions*, involve one client but smartly supporting this issue of jumping back and forth between patients.

While working on Patient X, when having to immediately deal with an interruption concerning Patient Y, you hate to lose your placeholder for X while fetching Y. So I think it could be invaluable to have an easily accessible clickable list, listing in reverse order the patients last accessed by yourself and even remembering which tab you were in. Maybe it would not even be necessary to re-access the server for the original read. If a problem for other patients to see this list, it could be hidden but easily toggled into view. I had further detailed thoughts on this which I can offer.

* the exceptions would be any special purpose clients, which is different than multiple instances of the SAME client. I could understand if Doctor A has to step out for 3 or 4 minutes and wants to let resident B access the computer, Doctor A would hopefully "park" or "lock" his instance which might slide down into an OS toolbar somewhere, and resident B could then load their own instance.