Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:49:12 +0200

> Plenty of problems. THE biggest mistake made in AU computing that I can see
> is
> wrong information put into wrong patient, and wrong scripts being printed for
> the wrong patient.
Sure, that happens here, too. No disagreement there.

> The latter always gets picked up by the pharmacist,
> because in AU you have to show you medicare card before you can get your
> drugs
And we don't have that safeguard !!  I fully appreciate your
desire to protect GnuMed users from such a problem.

> Having multiple clients open with multiple patients is asking for trouble.
So, again, our way of working must be different. I never had
trouble with that. Neither did any of the docs I work(ed)
with.

> Not
> saying that I don't do it, or that we won't do it, but its asking for real
> trouble unless a lock is immediatley put on each unattended client (not sure
> how you'd do that) requiring a positive ID to re-enter those records.
Probably doable with a loose focus event. Else with a timeout.

> Next problem is time. Having to load another client, just because you want to
> look up a different patients address is a pain in the bum
I fully agree. That is why I have 4 clients running right from
the beginning of the clinic. I never had to meaningfully deal
with more than 4 patients at a time. If I did I would've done
something wrong.

> compared to a single click on another tab etc.
If you are suggesting that within ONE client there might be
several tabs with several patients - now THAT would get us
into much deeper feces. It then wouldn't just be the user's
problem anymore to work on the correct patient but also the
developers' one, too. I still acknowledge that it may work
well for you and who's to blame you for that ?