Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui-Designers was the id_name debate
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:40:22 +0200

> >Yet another possibility would be to assume a pseudo identity
> >with formally valid but factually incorrect demographics.
>
> Surely the above is offered (technically) as a way to satisfy the
> software at the expense of being governed purely  by clinical need.
> Moreover, is is not remotely possible that a pseudo-identity could be
> confused as a real patient attribute, and thereby produce a liability
> situation? Permitting the storing of a date that may be incorrect is
> a bad idea, because later enquiries which *ought* to match to the
> patient in question could cause the match to be rejected as "probably
> not the correct patient" on account of the possibly incorrect  date
> of birth.
Given the situation that, say, a well-known public person
comes under my care and requests pseudomized record keeping I
would enter a patient with a name they come up with plus
"PSEUDO-" prepended to the last name. They may choose to have
any other demographic information faked. I would then write a
clinical note with a free-text listing of the wrong items
along with the right values and let them encrypt that with a
password of their own choosing right in the record.