Re: [Gnumed-devel] trivial pursuit with loinc

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] trivial pursuit with loinc
Date: 10 Oct 2004 07:21:05 +1000

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 02:35, James Busser wrote:
> Quoting Ian Haywood <address@hidden>:
>
> > It has to be compatible with the GNU GPL or, we need *written*
> > permission from the copyright holder. Currently ICD-10 is the only one
> > that fits this definition.
>
> http://www.loinc.org/license
>
> The license is not "named" but does it translate as "freeware"? (Not sure
> if "freeware" is anywhere formally defined)

Also worth contacting Michael Legge and ask him to clarify the
licensing information for the the Australian request and reporting codes
at http://www.austpath.uow.edu.au/index.cgi - the former is
unsatisfactory, and the latter is just vague with respect to the
modifications that have been made to LOINC for Australian use.

I have previously stressed to Michael the need to resolve these issues
in a manner which is suitable for open source software.

--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0