Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-deve] Kickoff for 2005

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-deve] Kickoff for 2005
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:56:07 +0100

> The patient picture could be moved up one row (so it straddles the
> menubar and the first toolbar, the "File", "Edit" etc. gets moved right
> to make room),
I think we would have to fiddle with more inner details of wx
than we would care to in order to not let the toolbar use the
full width. Also, that does not really "feel" right as far as
design goes.

Also, would we not limit what type of class a plugin can be ?
For the notebook layout we would still need some indirection as
plugins plug into the notebook which would perhaps somehow need
to be made aware of the fact that plugins might display their
own toolbars.

> the encounter type and problem lists IMHO
> only belong on the "clinical" widgets toolbar, with the SOAP editor, &c.
I agree on this. It needs more thought and a better home. If
nothing else it should be *part of the toolbar defined by the
clinical widget* and thus not appear when in other widgets.

With the advent of multi-tab/multi-sash multi-issue/episode
SOAP editing I have come to realize that the primary idea of
current_episode/current_issue may be bogus after all. I have
removed the need for current_issue in the middleware already.

> > >       - more portable (gmGP_Toolbar breaks on wx 2.5 and on
> > >       MS-Windows)
> > How ? Should not we try to fix that ?
> I have. The problem is my (mis)use of wx.Window.Show () and .Hide ()
> to flick toolbars on and off as required. I've come to the conclusion
> that these functions just don't have the same meaning on other
> platforms,
> so its not a question of "fixing" it -- it just can't be done.
Darn. It sounded quite like the intended way of doing such
things ?!?

> The alternative is to re-create and destroy toolbars as we flick between
Any chance of set/un-set instead of create/destroy ?

Sizing does not worry me as the client saves/restores size at shutdown.