Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:04:17 +0100

Take a look at what the factor of "changing requirements" is.
Please people define use cases and let's stick to them. And
not change the design too often ...

> project managers , like say , some non-medically trained practice managers,
Well, a GnuMed project manager would have to be medically
trained and have good understanding of technology.

> How about BNF ? It requires free registration, but otherwise is navigable
> by following links. Perhaps a web agent for gnumed to bnf requests.
> Must be other like web drug databases around too.
This would work for *reference*. Eventually, we would need a
source for *prescribing*, too, for which, I assume most web
sources aren't suitable.

> As an experiment, I recently did a console mode emr application using
> python2.4.
Any chance you can interface that to the GnuMed backend ?
I have a feeling there are lessons to be learned here.

GPG key ID E4071346 @
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346