Re: [Gnumed-devel] language for web frontend to python backend

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] language for web frontend to python backend
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:33:32 +1100

Horst Herb wrote:

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 04:11, catmat wrote:
It seems php is a much more popular web frontend language (for
server-side scripted dynamic
web pages ) than python.
Has anyone tried to do applications that connect between php and python?

I do it all the time - via xml-rpc. Easy.

Horst

the little text console experiment I did with xml-rpc fronting a berkeley db
store  shows xml-rpc isn't *too* slow,
so what if  one more layer of  method calls to the business objects
are added with xml-rpc ( with session Id as a parameter ) ?
Later, one could try to deal with increasing throughput with multiple threads or processes
in another layer.  One issue might be how to configure the
firewall so that the port where the xml-rpc server /later multiplexer runs
is available only on localhost.

Can work be started with doing a xml-rpc service ? Or someone defining the
interface for the service ? (And let others write to that interface).