Re: [Gnumed-devel] anyone noticed wiki problems

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] anyone noticed wiki problems
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:50 +1100

E Dodd wrote:

On Sunday 27 February 2005 14:26, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
On Sunday 27 February 2005 03:33, J Busser wrote:

No success with this new method on Konqueror where it seems I am still on 6
mins a save for a complex page.
so somehow the tabbed browser mucks up the identification that says it is
me editing the page, and I don't need to be locked out??
Actually it now took 16 minutes to save, so I downloaded lynx and edited another page with lynx (also complex) and had no difficulty in saving promptly - although I couldn't get the formatting 'right'.
Liz
Is it too late to ditch TWiki and swap to MoinMoin, which is a wiki written in Python rather than Perl? We use MoinMoin at work and although it doesn't have as many features as Twiki, it is trouble-free and also, for Pythonistas, the source code understandable. It is siple enough that the entire source can be examined in less than an hour, if you are keen (um, I skimmed through it...).

Tim C