[Gnumed-devel] Clarificaation re 'pretty crappy' mims stuff in Asia

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Clarificaation re 'pretty crappy' mims stuff in Asia
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:54:46 +1100

Be more specific about 'pretty crappy' and the 'source of information'.

Mims drug data and associated decision support products are extremely good.

What is not good IMHO was 'MImsScript' - a failed australian GP software
program which I have vague recollections may have escaped into Asia some
years ago. It was written by a canberra company, and Mims became historically
associated with it. When the french parent company pulled the pin on the
software, Mims dropped it and it is no longer used here.

They may have been involved with hospital software of course, and there may be
hospital software I'm not aware of, but don't knock their drug and
interaction data which is top rate.

The interaction data BTW was compiled/maintained by the medical
pharmacologists at Newcastle here for some time, though I don't know where it
is sourced now.

Richard