Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:37:57 -0500

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:26:25AM +1100, Richard Terry wrote:
> HL7 is pretty simple if you look at the docs. It is just a matter of
> I'll get another sample file emailed to me today and post it to the list.
Thankyou very much for this example Richard, despite poring through
reams of HL7 docs its the first time I've seen a complete message

I understand the various path. companies have interesting interpretations
 of the standards, it would be good to build up a "rogue's gallery"
 of HL7/PIT messages from various companies.

> > Is it a legal problem to release examples on this list?
Why? (so long as it's not confidential patient data)
> > If a developer builds a parser, whoever has some results stored as files
> > can test
> > the parser, and return the error output, without the developer having to
> > view the results.
Unworkable IMHO.

Syan, if you're going to write a parser, please a) use python and
b) talk to us about how it's going to be stored in the backend
(as has been discussed ad nausem, we still don't have a clean way of
doing this)

Ian