Re: [Gnumed-devel] editing of progress notes

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] editing of progress notes
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:51:41 -0500

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:32, James Busser wrote:
> I do have a question here... what if it is determined that information
> contained within a note is *wrong*? If that error remains available, and if

And that's a very good point.

I sometimes do enter records for the wrong patient accidentally, and only
notice next time I see that patient.
I then manually graft this record by direct database manipulation, because the
user interface doesn't let me, and this is a PITA.

My opinion is that since we cannot reliably prevent anybody from altering
records directly anyway, there is no point in making such alterations
impossible in the user interface.

The altered version should be the displayed one, with the note "Record altered
on <date> by <author>, for previous version click [here]" prepended to the
displayed record. That at least allows for orderly legitimate amendments