Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:27:07 +0100

> the point is a system where someone indicates that they "take
> responsibility" for a result.
Agree.

> Personally I think its quite mad to be able to take responsibility
> for (say) the sodium level but not the potassium
True. However, it not being sane is (IMO) a business rule too
specific to hardcode it into the database schema.

> My only remaining gripe is not being able to track faxes and scans,
I agree in principle. Eventually we will do better here.
However, I'd leave that for the next iteration of "big
changes".

> although I suppose lab_result.fk_med_doc does the job.
For now, anyways, I hope.

> We should have the ability to attach free text notes to results
We already do.

> paper world we write comments on the blank space
> at the bottom of the report page), so in this case the secretary would type
> "reported verbally to Dr. Busser"
Sounds reasonable.