Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:51:20 -0800

At 6:57 PM +0100 3/8/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > >Fine by me. It only loads 23 modules if configured to load
 >them. No coding needed, just reconfiguration.
 Indeed, but the default is to load all 23, this needs to change in the
 released version,
Full agreement !  I added a workplace "Release 0.1". The
public database at salaam is updated, too.

Is it reasonable and desirable (if not already supported) to:

1) make "Release 0.1" the default configuration that is loaded when people first install and load gnumed (they can of course change it themselves once they have set it up, if they should wish to do so, but to have whatever is the intended "current" release as the default could make things much easier for newbies trying to install the program)

2) is there any agreement on whether the GUI would have any form of "status line" that would indicate which user is logged in (important for shared machines so that they respect each other's access, also if there should be some administrative entity that designated people need to sometimes log in as). If there is a "staus line" which might presumably also offer the local date and time (I am weak to defend this, people might have this already displayed by some other portion of their OS) might we also have an appearance in the status line of which configuration is active?

3) if there is no "status line" in the GUI display then is it important (where people might be changing configurations) for some type of notification to be provided during the loading of the modules, what is the "name" of the configuration that is controlling which modules are loading?