Re: [Gnumed-devel] close-patient (was re: more scratchpad comments)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] close-patient (was re: more scratchpad comments)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:21:18 +0100

> There will be a 'lock button' to achieve denying access. Also I think yours
> is
> a good idea, that at first login the general/status/inbox area be displayed.
Agree.

> And I agree that we must for once and for all get rid of this defaulting to
> displaying the last patient. when you are finished with a patient the
> clinical record should be empty.
Huh ?!? The clinical record ? I am sure you mean the UI, right ?

Should is should. It does not prove why.

I do have some idea of why we have a different perception of
this: Might be that you are looking at this from the
"document" perspective, eg open a document, edit it, close it.
While my angle is from the data where the application is
just a very convenient window to look at the data. A window
never points nowhere. It always shows something. (Yes, I know,
that analogy breaks down when you close the window - but that
might be seen as closing the application.)

> If a search fails the clinical record should
> default to empty - not the last patient seen.
Well, set the config option for that and enjoy.

> PS: Seems I'm the only one who routinely adds my name to the bottom of the
> comments.
No. I forget to every once in a while, though.