Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:23:51 +0100

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 22:00, Richard Terry wrote:
> Specs for configuration go something like this.
>
> The listbook can have any number of panels, I'd suggest:
>
> 1)clinical
> 2)Drug Manual
> 3)Demographics]
> 4)Reference
> 5)Contact Manager
> 6)Configuration
> 7)gnuMed Help

Ah ok, I see.

> It is these panels which contain the work areas. e.g all the clinical
> plugins get loaded into the clinical work area (ie summary, past history,
> family history, requests, referrals etc etc). All your reference tomes are
> available via your Reference panel (eg antibiotic guidelines, reference
> texts etc)
>
> It this what you mean?

What I meant was to ignites some discussion about the ConfigEditor itself.
Mainly the structure and what should be configured where. Suppose I want to
add a new lab to the list of labs I send my specimen to. Where do I do this
programatically ? Some option in the ConfigEditor? Some dedicated GUI. Same
goes for document types in Gnumed Archive. Say I want to add a type. Where do
I present this to the user ? Decdicated GUI? ConfigEditor ?

> Yes, I hope the config editor can run in my space as well.

Seems like it does already. Which brings up a question. How are we going to
handle the transition/ paralles implementation of GUI clients in terms of
where to store the code ?

Are going to have additional directories for reference client, webclient etc.
or are we going to name them differently.

Reason I ask is because if you need two files for e.g. the ConfigEditor to
make it run on Horstspace or RichardSpace where are we going to develop those
files. In test-area ?

Personally I would like the idea of having a directory for each client. I know
CVS doesn't allow to delete directories.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany