Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:10:24 +0100 (MET)

> > Yes, it looks good. Having a slick, professional-looking installer for
> > Windows in particular (and also Mac OS X) is incredibly important, even
> > for Version 0.1
> If that's so I don't see too much of a problem using BitRock
> on Windows.
>
> Why is it that much better than rpm/deb on Linux ?
It is not :-). I know Andreas builds packages for Debian. Excellent.
Can I use those on Suse ? Ähem no. Do you happen to know someone who builds
rpm packages ?

So the sole reason for looking at BitRock is:
It builds packages that run on all! GNU/Linux distributions with one single
installer. Your choice of GUI and/or commandline off the same packages.

Nice GUI for building! packages (Not that I need one)

Supports GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOSX and soon more Unices.

Easy to maintain. Why ? I can build Windows, Mac, Linux Packages on Linux.
Anyone can build Windows, Linux, MAc packages on Windows. Never leave your
favourite OS to build packages for the other OSs.

File Format actually is XML so you can even use mc to tweak it.

For the record: I appreciate native packages. I just don't see any except
Andreas's continued effort.

I personally don't want to create the impression GNUmed sucks just because
noone steps up to build nice native packages.

> Karsten
> --
> GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
> E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
*

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl