Re: [Gnumed-devel] --foo syntax meaning, conventions etc.

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] --foo syntax meaning, conventions etc.
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:32:40 +0200 (MEST)

> At 5:18 AM +0200 3/27/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >Ok. Don't worry. It has nothing to do with coding or module-writing.
> >Do you know the conncept of commandline switches ?
>
> Yes. I have gotten a bit familiar with them, though I had never seen
> the convention of double hyphen (--) which is why I wondered if it
> pertained to something else...
>
> >  One thing you could put in the wiki is the output of --help.
>
> OK
>
> >Developers should grasp the concept quickly. I am afraid talking
> >to much about this in userspace with confuse potential users.
>
> I understand (in fact, I had hesitated to ask the question on-list)
Since we do not have gnumed-users mailing list I encourage you to post every
question you have to the list or me. Why does savannah still not work ? I
mean I am greatful for savannah but come on. It must be possible to set up
some lists. There are no silly questions. For me those things are obvious
but I have worked with Linux for at least 4years now daily. You
automatically build some skill you tend to expect from other users as well.

Sebastian

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
*

Handyrechnung zu hoch? Tipp: SMS und MMS mit GMX
Seien Sie so frei: Alle Infos unter http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freesms