[Gnumed-devel] Re: gmDemographics

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gmDemographics
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:43:15 +0200

> code (and coder) sane, we need to be able to write some code which doesn't
> care
> whether it's a person or an org.
> I fear this is going to be like path., where national-specific requirements
> are (politely I admit) ignored.
> I appreciate this is 0.1, I'd be happy with a promise that you will consider
> changes in future for our requirements
Promised.

> class BasicPatDetailsPage(wxPython.wizard.wxWizardPageSimple):
>         """
>         Wizard page for entering patient's basic demographic information
>         """
>         #--------------------------------------------------------
>         def __init__(self, parent, title):
>                 """
>                 Creates a new instance of BasicPatDetailsPage
>                 @param parent - The parent widget
>                 @type parent - A wxWindow instance
>                 @param tile - The title of the page
>                 @type title - A StringType instance
>                 """
>                 wxPython.wizard.wxWizardPageSimple.__init__(self, parent) #,
> bitmap =
>                 gmGuiHelpers.gm_icon(_('oneperson'))
>
> Personally, I think this is a bad idea. It seems a fairly pointless
> duplication of the existing interface.
The existing *edit* interface wasn't going anywhere I could see. The
wizard is a quick-and-dirty *input* interface for 0.1. If someone
writes something better for 0.2 I am all fine with it. We have
been thinking about reusing the individal pages inside
notebook pages for editing demographics.

> I suppose its possible to integrate editing later, nevertheless
> I would have apprecipated some discussion on the list before going ahead
> with this.
It can be dumped soon enough. Entering a new patient is a
well-defined *task* akin to "installing some software" or
"running through a file sequentially". Unlike editing
demographics which is "random access to a file".

> >>    - enter and view simple free text narratives
> >both work
> huh? where? (yes I am using latest CVS)
There are two viewers: Journal and tree. There is one progress
note input widget, namely multi sashed progress note. Run 0.1.

> >>    - create, edit, view a past history list
> >
> >a) past history list as in past medical history ?
> >   - not necessarily 0.1 IMO but arguably so
> >
> >b) or past history list as in past and present problem list ?
> >   - that we already have
> where ?
You can see it in the progress note editor and in the EMR tree
browser. You can add problems simply by adding a note for
them. We need more code around that, agreed.

> >>    - upload and view documents
> >already works but not 0.1-target IMO
> Agreed,
Thanks.