Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress note popups

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress note popups
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:18:59 +0200

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:32:37PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I can think of additional design choices that would need to be ironed
> out, for example
> - whether this popup would serve only for drugs that are to be
> "prescribed" (for which a new supply will have to be dispensed)
> versus an alteration of what a patient is taking (which may be
> possible from the supply already available to them)
I see. The latter we usually just do orally in the encounter.
And write down a clear-text note. Oh, but it should be
reflected in the current_medication list, yes. For which a
different popup ('meds:') might be suitable.

> - also whether the popup would be bringing the user to whatever is
> the "standard" medication area, a deeper (but standard) "alter/add"
> layer, or a widget that is specific to the "new progress note".
I would not complicate the matter beyond allowing to add drugs
to the list of "to be prescribed when this encounter ends".

> But such ironing out should be post 0.1, so should I maybe add it as
> a line item in the roadmap area for medication/prescription handling?
Yes.