Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:32:32 +0800

On Sat Jun 18  1:50 , Tim Churches  sent:

>Ian Haywood wrote:
>> In terms of hacking Argus, what would be very good is weaning it off the HIC
PKI into
>> GnuPG or (preferably both) an open X.509 crypto library.
>
>I agre that that is strategically the most useful thing that anyone
>could do with the GPLed Argus code.
>
>Tim C

looking at the api documentation , au.gov.hic.psi.crypto.Repository

has a method

public void importCertificate(byte[] certificateBuffer)
                       throws java.lang.Exception
Import a DER encoded certificate into a Store
Parameters:
certificateBuffer - the buffer that contains the DER encode certificate

Apparently this library is based on openssl.

Has anyone tried to see if the library can import external certificates?
Operate without a token device ?

If importing externally generated certificates did work ( presumably
openssl DER encoded PKI certificates)
Is having the library present with it's license published,
cause a problem ( attached is license) with open source ?

You are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of this Licence
Agreement by selecting the "Accept" option or such other word indicating Your
acceptance and/or accessing or downloading the Software.

You are advised to read this Agreement first.  You may wish to seek independent
advice on the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

 SOFTWARE LICENCE AGREEMENT
HIC eSignature API Version 2+

BETWEEN THE

HEALTH INSURANCE COMMISSION, a statutory body established under the Health
Insurance Commission Act 1973 ("the HIC" or "Us" or "We" or "Our"), the Licensor
and
LICENSEE ("You" or "Your")

1. INTERPRETATION
HIC eSignature API V2+ means the software entitled "HIC eSignature API V2+";

CD means the compact disk supplied and titled "HIC eSignature API V2+";

Dynamic Link Libraries (DLL(s)) means the DLL(s) provided with the Software for
the purposes of interfacing with Your software;

Health Sector Entities means entities that undertake healthcare activites and
associated services; such entities may be natural person(s) or legal business
entities;

Intellectual Property means business names, copyrights, registered and
unregistered designs, registered and unregistered trade marks, patents and
patent applications, inventions, semi-conductors and circuit layouts,
confidential information (whether in writing or recorded in any other form),
know-how and other proprietary or personal rights arising from intellectual
activity in the business, industrial, scientific, technical or artistic fields,
whether created, formed or arising before or after the date of this agreement
in Australia or elsewhere;

Licence, where the word appears on a computer screen image, means the license
granted under this Licence Agreement;

Licence Agreement means these terms and conditions;

Open source software (OSS) means the open source software Developer's Kit (SDK)
(Licence at Attachment A).

PKI Security Interface, PSI or Psi means the interface provided by Us to You as
part of the Software licensed under this Licence Agreement.

Software, Licensed Software means the intellectual property, media, documents
and other property contained in the CD and any intellectual property provided
as support during the operation of this Licence Agreement, including updates
and new releases; but does not include Utilities Products;

Support means the provision of documents, new releases, training, help desk
services, maintenance, installation, and similar property or services in
relation to the Software as specified in Clause 5.

Underlying Java Class Libraries means the Java class libraries developed by Us
and used to create the Software.

Underlying dll's (Dynamic Link Libraries), shared objects (so's), and dylib
means the software libraries developed by Us and used to create the Licensed
Software.

Utilities Products means any third party products which:
(a) are subject to their own terms and conditions; and
(b) are either provided with the Software; or
(c) You are required to download and/or install in order to use the Licensed
Software.

2. AGREEMENT
2.1.    Delivery of this CD or Software to You is a formal offer to You to
enter into a legally binding contract on the terms and conditions set out in
this Licence Agreement.
2.2 You acknowledge that by selecting the "Accept" option or such other word
indicating Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Licence
Agreement, You create a legally binding contract between You and Us with effect
from You selecting the "Accept" option (or such other word) to lodge Your
response.
2.3 You agree that You are bound by the terms and conditions of this Licence
Agreement where You, in any way, access or download the Software without
viewing or selecting the "Accept" (or such other word) option in the Licence
Agreement.

3. LICENCE
3.1     Subject to this clause 3, We grant You a non-transferable,
non-exclusive, royalty-free, fee-free, world-wide Licence to use the Software
in Your Systems.
3.2 The Licence granted at clause 3.1 is for use in providing services to
Health Sector Entities.
3.3 In granting You the Licence, We require You to:
(a) notify Your end-users and customers in writing that they cannot sub-licence
the Software; and
(b) subject to clause 3.3(a), You bind each of Your end users and/or customers
to the terms and conditions of this Licence Agreement.
(c) include all licences, disclaimers and notices of Ours relating to the
Software and any licences, disclaimers and notices required by third parties
for Utilities Products in the Software as provided by You in Your software to
Your clients and customers.
3.4 The Licence gives You the right to:
(a) incorporate the Software into Your systems;
(b) sub-licence the Software to Your clients and customers for the purposes of
facilitating communications by and between Health Sector Entities and with Us;
(c) make such copies of the Software as are required for back-up and security
and to be used by You only.  You agree to label such copies with the same
copyright notice as is on the Software acknowledging the HIC as copyright
owner;
(d) copy the Software in machine readable form into a machine for processing
and to perform processing; and
(e)  make such other copies, if any, of the Software as agreed to in writing
between You and Us.

3.5     You may modify the Software or merge the Software with other licensed
software programs solely for the purposes of ensuring that the Software can be
used in accordance with the Software specifications and providing an interface
with the Software and Your systems.
3.6     If You modify or merge the Software with other computer programs
pursuant to clause 3.5 (other than as agreed under this Licence Agreement or in
the ordinary interfacing of computer programs), You must advise Us in writing
of the particulars of the modification or merger.
3.7     You agree that the Software, if modified or merged, remains Our
property, provided that the Intellectual Property rights in any modifications
carried out by You shall be owned by You.
3.8     Subject to clause 3.7, this License Agreement applies to the Software
as modified or merged, including any modifications or mergers using new
releases, updates or upgrades provided by Us.
3.9     You shall not reverse assemble, reverse compile or disassemble the
Software in whole or in part.
3.10    You may not, without obtaining prior written permission from Us:
(a) use or make copies of the Software contrary to the terms and conditions of
this Licence Agreement;
(b) disclose the Software to any person;
(c) Licence, sub-licence, lend, sell, assign or transfer the Software, or any
rights granted in this Licence Agreement contrary to the terms of this Licence
Agreement;
(d) remove any copyright notices on the Software.
3.11 You agree to include in any sublicensed Software all copyright notices
required under this Licence Agreement as set out at Attachment A and/or
provided to You from time to time.
3.12 You agree that the Software, any accompanying or related files or
documents, including any Utilities Products are provided "as is" and all risk
arising out of any use or performance of the Software, including any use or
performance by end users (however described) is Yours and that We do not
warrant the Software or any accompanying or related files, documents or
Utilities Products.
3.13 You agree that You are responsible for virus scanning all materials,
including but not limited to, files, programs and documents, before opening or
copying to Your computer system.
3.14 You agree We are not responsible for the compatibility of Your products or
third party products with the Software.

4. Duration of Licence
4.1 The Licence takes effect from when You select the "Accept" (or such other
word) option to lodge Your acceptance of the Licence Agreement.
4.2 If You access or download the Software without complying with clause 4.1,
the Licence Agreement takes effect at the time of access or download.
4.3     This Licence Agreement continues in force until otherwise terminated.
4.4     This Licence Agreement may be terminated in writing by either Us or You
for a breach of this Licence Agreement by the other party, provided that the
breach is not rectified by the other party within 30 days of receiving written
notice of the breach.
4.5     This Licence Agreement may be terminated at any time by agreement in
writing between You and Us.

5. Support
5.1.    We will provide You with support, including but not limited to:
(a)  Documents: the HIC eSignature SDK Version 2.1 Developer's Reference Guide
and any related documents;
(b)  Installation: support via the PKI Technical Help Desk team by e-mail on
address@hidden ;
(c)  New releases, updates and upgrades, if and when produced;
(d)  Other support: through PKI Technical Help Desk by e-mail on address@hidden
.

6. Intellectual Property
6.1     You agree that all Intellectual Property in Software developed by Us is
owned by Us.
6.2     You agree that all Intellectual Property rights in the Software, to the
extent it is developed or modified by or on behalf of Us, will vest in Us.
6.3 We warrant that We have the right and authority to Licence Your use of the
Software, including copyright and other Intellectual Property rights
incorporated in the Software.
6.4 You agree and warrant that You will take out all appropriate Licences for
all other software as may be required for You to use the Software.

7. Confidential Information
7.1     Except as otherwise required by law or as otherwise agreed by Us in a
notice given to You (or as specifically authorised in the Software and related
requirements and specifications), You:
(a)     must keep, and must ensure that each member of Your Staff keeps, Our
Confidential Information confidential; and
(b)     must not provide any of Our Confidential Information to a person who is
not a member of Your Staff.
7.2     If You become subject to a legal obligation to provide any of Our
Confidential Information to a person who is not a member of Your Staff, You
must immediately give a notice to Us.
7.3     You must:
(a)     store and protect Our Confidential Information with appropriate
security, having regard to the nature of the information and the medium in
which it is found; and
(b)     except to the extent required by Law, only make Our Confidential
Information available to Your Staff who have a "need to know" for the proper
performance of the agreement.
7.4     At Our request, You must ensure that each member of Your Staff who may
have access to Our Confidential information signs a Confidentiality Deed and
delivers it to Us.
7.5   If You become aware that any of Our Confidential Information that is or
was in Your possession may have been lost, stolen or accessed in a manner
inconsistent with this agreement, You must immediately give a notice to Us.
7.6     You acknowledge and must ensure that each member of Your Staff who may
have access to any of Our Confidential Information is (before being given
access to Our Confidential Information) briefed on or otherwise made aware of
the fact that wrongful disclosure or misuse of Our Confidential Information is
a breach of this Licence Agreement and may constitute a criminal offence.

8. Personal Information
8.1     You must not do anything, and must ensure that Your Staff do not do
anything, that:
(a) is a breach by You of the Privacy Act 1988 or any applicable privacy code;
(b) would cause Us to be in breach of the Privacy Act 1988 or any applicable
privacy code;
(b)     would constitute a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 or any applicable
privacy code if done by Us; or
(c)     would result in any Personal Information provided to You by, or at the
direction of, Us being sent or held out of Australia; or
8.2 You must ensure that each member of Your Staff who may have access to any
Personal Information provided to You by, or at the direction of, Us (before
being given access to the Personal Information):
(a) is briefed on or otherwise made aware of:
(i) the restrictions on the use and disclosure of Personal Information imposed
by   the Privacy Act 1988 or any applicable privacy code;
(ii) Your obligations under this agreement in relation to Our Confidential
Information;
(b) at Our request, sign a Confidentiality Deed and deliver it to Us.
8.3     You must comply with:
(a)     any reasonable direction regarding Personal Information included in a
notice given to You by Us; and
(b)     any guidelines, directions or policies issued by the Privacy
Commissioner or any adjudicator under an applicable privacy code which are
included in a notice given to You by Us.
8.4     At Our request, You must provide reasonable assistance to Us or the
Privacy Commissioner or any adjudicator under any applicable privacy code
(including giving Us, the Privacy Commissioner, the adjudicator and their
agents access to the Your premises, files, information technology systems and
staff) in connection with the investigation of any allegation that You did not
comply with Your obligations under this Licence Agreement in relation to
Personal Information and Our Confidential Information.

9. Compliance with Our and Commonwealth policies
9.1     You must ensure that, whenever Your Staff are on Our premises or using
Our equipment or facilities, they comply with:
(a)     Our policies, procedures and rules (including policies in relation to
such matters as occupational health and safety, smoking in the workplace,
computer use and security and building security), as if they were members of
Our Staff, but only to the extent that the policies, procedures and rules have
been notified to You or Your Staff, or their existence could reasonably be
inferred from all the circumstances and
(b)     all reasonable directions given to them by US in relation to
occupational health and safety, smoking in the workplace, computer use and
building security.
9.2     You must ensure that this Licence Agreement is performed in a manner
that does not pose any avoidable health or safety risk to Your Staff, to Our
Staff or to any other person.
9.3     If an application is made to Us under the Freedom of Information Act
1982 for access to documents in relation to this Licence Agreement concerning
You, We:
(a)     may, before making a decision, consult with You, without prejudice to
any decision to release the information; and
(b)     must determine the application in accordance with the requirements of
the Freedom of Information Act.
9.4     You and We must both ensure that the custody or ownership of
Commonwealth records, as that term is defined in the Archives Act 1983, is not
transferred without the prior written approval of the Australian Archives.  You
agree to comply with any direction given by Us for the purpose of transferring
Commonwealth records to the Australian Archives or providing the Australian
Archives with full and free access to those records.
9.5     You agree to promptly give to the Australian National Audit Office or
other auditor appointed by that Office or Us, the assistance they reasonably
require in conducting any audits, including full access at all reasonable times
and on reasonable notice to all premises, equipment and Software used in
connection with the performance of this Licence Agreement.

10. Dispute Resolution
10.1    You and We must use all reasonable efforts to resolve any disputes
arising between us in connection with this Licence Agreement.
10.2    A party may give the other party a notice of dispute ("notice") in
connection with this Licence Agreement and the parties' representatives must
attempt to resolve the dispute referred to in the notice within 10 Business
Days of the giving of the notice.
10.3    Where a dispute cannot be resolved under clause 10.2, the dispute must
be referred to a senior officer of each party who must use reasonable
endeavours to resolve the dispute within 5 Business Days (or such other time
period as the parties agree).
10.4    Where a dispute cannot be resolved under clause 10.3, either party may
refer the dispute to mediation to be conducted by a mutually agreed mediator,
or failing agreement a mediator appointed by the President of the Australian
Capital Territory Law Society.  If the mediation does not resolve the dispute
within 30 Business Days (or such other time period as the parties agree) then
the parties may treat the mediation as terminated and may elect to commence
legal proceedings.
10.5    Nothing in this Clause 10 prevents either party seeking urgent
interlocutory relief.
10.6    The parties must continue to perform their obligations under this
agreement despite the existence of a dispute or an alleged dispute.

11. Termination
11.1    Either party may terminate this Licence Agreement immediately on notice
in writing to the other party.
11.2    We may terminate this Licence Agreement immediately by notice in
writing if You are in breach of any clause of this Licence Agreement and You
fail to rectify the breach within 30 days of written notice by Us.
11.3    If a notice to terminate is given under to You under clause 11.2, We
may:
(a) subject to this Licence Agreement, be regarded as discharged from any
further obligations under this Licence Agreement; and
(b)     pursue any additional or alternative remedies provided by law.
11.4    We may terminate this Licence Agreement on giving at least 30 days'
notice to You.  This Licence Agreement will terminate on the date specified in
the notice.
11.5 If a notice to terminate is given under clause 11.4, You must:
(a)     comply with any reasonable directions given by Us, and
(b)     do all things necessary to mitigate any losses as a result of the
termination.

12. General
12.1    You agree that this Licence Agreement represents our entire
understanding and
agreement regarding the Software and supersedes any inconsistent prior
proposal,
representation or agreement, written or oral.
12.2    Failure or delay by Us in enforcing any provision of this Licence
Agreement
does not mean that We no longer regard that provision as binding.  A waiver by
Us
of a provision of this Licence Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any
other breach of this Licence Agreement.
12.3    You may not assign, either in whole or in part, the benefit or burden
of this Licence Agreement without Our prior written consent.
12.4    If any provision of this Licence Agreement is unlawful, void, or for
any other
reason unenforceable, it shall be deemed severable from, and shall in no way
affect
the validity or enforceability of, the remaining provisions of this Licence
Agreement.
12.5    You must not represent Yourself as, and must ensure that none of Your
staff represent themselves as, a partner, agent or employee of Us.  Neither You
nor any of Your Staff are partners, agents or employees of Us for any purpose.
12.6    This Licence Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in
accordance
with, the laws of the Australian Capital Territory and the parties agree to
submit
exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Territory.

13. Notices and Address
13.1.   Any notice given under this Agreement by You to Us must be in writing,
addressed to Us at the address specified below, which shall be the address for
all matters arising from this Licence Agreement unless there is written
notification to the contrary.
 (a)  Our address
Health Insurance Commission
PO Box 1001
TUGGERANONG DC ACT 2901
Phone: 02 6124 6333
Fax: 02 6124 6233
13.2 Any notice must be
(a)     delivered by hand to that address; or
(b)     sent by pre-paid post to that address; or
(c)     transmitted by facsimile to the facsimile number; or
(d)     by electronic communication.
13.3    Any notice is taken to be received:
(a) if delivered by hand, on the day of delivery if that is a Business Day,
otherwise on the next Business Day;
(b) if sent by post, on the third Business Day after posting;
(c) if sent by facsimile, and an "ok" transmission report is received by the
sender, on the day of transmission if that is a Business Day, otherwise on the
next Business Day; OR
(d) if sent electronically, when received by the HIC email address:
address@hidden

14. Indemnity
14.1 Subject to the provisions of this Licence Agreement, You shall at all
times indemnify, hold harmless and defend Us and our Personnel and recipients
of sublicensed and distributed Licensed Software (in this clause 14 referred to
as "those indemnified") from and against any loss (including legal costs and
expenses) or liability incurred by any of those indemnified arising from any
claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of those
indemnified where such loss or liability was caused by any wilful, unlawful or
negligent act or omission of You and Your Personnel in connection with this
Licence Agreement.
14.2 Your liability to indemnify Us under subclause 14.1 shall be reduced
proportionally to the extent that any act or omission of Us or Our Personnel
contributed to the loss.

Executed by Us
We agree to be deemed to have signed this License Agreement at the time You
select the "Accept" option (or such other word) and/or access or download the
Software.

Executed by You
You agree to be deemed to have signed this Licence Agreement by selecting the
"Accept" option (or such other word) and/or accessing or downloading the
Software.

ATTACHMENT A: LICENSE INFORMATION
Clause 3.12

HIC eSIGNATURE API LICENCE INFORMATION

This product includes software developed by the Health Insurance Commission
(HIC).
Copyright (c) 2002 -2003 Health Insurance Commission Canberra Australia.

HIC PROVIDES THE LICENSED SOFTWARE "AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR
REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXCEPT AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY LAW.  TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HIC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR  PURPOSE.  IN NO EVENT SHALL HIC OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON
ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE
LICENSED SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

This product uses software from the OpenSSL.

This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the
OpenSSL Toolkit (http://ww.openssl.org/). Copyright (c) 1998 - 2002 The OpenSSL
Project. All rights reserved.

OPEN SSL LICENCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The OpenSSL toolkit stays under a dual license, i.e. both the conditions of the
OpenSSL License and the original SSLeay license apply to the toolkit. See below
for the actual license texts. The license is a BSD-style Open Source license.
In case of any license issues related to OpenSSL please contact address@hidden

OpenSSL License
Copyright (c) 1998-2002 The OpenSSL Project.  All rights reserved.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must
display the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed
by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
(http://www.openssl.org/)"
4. The names "OpenSSL Toolkit" and "OpenSSL Project" must not be used to
endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written
permission. For written permission, please contact address@hidden
5. Products derived from this software may not be called "OpenSSL" nor may
"OpenSSL" appear in their names without prior written permission of the OpenSSL
Project.
6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
acknowledgment:
                "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL
Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)"

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OpenSSL PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE  IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR  PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO
EVENT SHALL THE OpenSSL PROJECT OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young
(address@hidden).  This product includes software written by Tim Hudson
(address@hidden).

ORIGINAL SSLEAY LICENSE

Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Eric Young (address@hidden)
All rights reserved.

This package is an SSL implementation written by Eric Young (address@hidden).
The implementation was written so as to conform with Netscapes SSL.

 This library is free for commercial and non-commercial use as long as the
following conditions are adhered to. The following conditions apply to all code
found in this distribution, be it the RC4, RSA, lhash, DES, etc., code; not
just the SSL code. The SSL documentation included with this distribution is
covered by the same copyright terms except that the holder is Tim Hudson
(address@hidden).

Copyright remains Eric Young's, and as such any Copyright notices in the code
are not to be removed. If this package is used in a product, Eric Young should
be given attribution as the author of the parts of the library used. This can
be in the form of a textual message at program startup or in documentation
(online or textual) provided with the package.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the copyright notice, this list
of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must
display the following acknowledgment:
"This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young
(address@hidden)" The word 'cryptographic' can be left out if the routines from
the library being used are not cryptographic related :-).
4. If you include any Windows specific code (or a derivative thereof) from
                the apps directory (application code) you must include an
acknowledgment:
                "This product includes software written by Tim Hudson
(address@hidden)"

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ERIC YOUNG ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO
EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

The licence and distribution terms for any publically available version or
derivative of this code cannot be changed. i.e. this code cannot simply be
copied and put under another distribution licence [including the GNU Public
Licence.]

HIC eSignature API Version 2.1 Software Licence Agreement Psi amendments and
end user sub-licence requirements FINAL July 2003