[Gnumed-devel] Questions about Episode/health issue

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Questions about Episode/health issue
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:18:51 +1000

I've got your 2.4 code running successfully in 2.6 now and I will gradually
change the non-critical gui-code which prevents various windows from running
under 2.6 to make it compatible over the next week or so - most of this is
just minor stuff with sizer attributes and missed conversions to wx.wxBlaBla
etc.

Latest CVS + running gnumed via:

sh gm-0_1-from-cvs.sh

I've a question - one I've always been confused about, however as the
functionality of this program seems atrocious, perhaps if someone will help
me understand how it is meant to function and what things mean, I may be able
to help improve it for the ordinary user.

1) IN my attempts to use it I'm confronted by an active problem list, which
contains both annotated 'health issues', and 'episodes' - what is the
difference and conceptually just how is one meant to use them

2)I note that double clicking on something referenced as a 'episode', brings
up a new tab to allow the entry of clinical notess
3)I note that double clicking on a health issue, brings up a prompt asking for
a tag for an episode ?? don't understand the sense of this.

in any event - all these - health issues + episodes seem to end up on the same
active problem list???? see the attatched png

Any attempt to review the patients progress notes anywhere dosn't seem to be
very easy - eg the EMR tree is ambiguous and hard to navigate, the EMR
Journal which seems to be the best isn't updated unless you close down the
program and re-load it.

the EMRDUMP ?what is the purpose of this???

Also saving an episode took an inordinately long time.

BTW, I'm not trying to be picky about this. I genuinely want to help and
understand this, otherwise I wouldn't have spent nearly two hours of my
sunday morning attempting to see how this works.

Regards

Richard