Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:52:54 +0200

On Sunday 24 July 2005 03:02, Tim Churches wrote:

Hi Tim,

> Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > thanks for testing.
<snip>

> Tim C
You report the exact same error I am seeing on my box. These problems don't
surprise me. Noone has ever put GNUmed to the test on Windows for the last
few years it seems. None of these problems appear on GNU/Linux which is
recommended anyway. My testing makes me believe that once we solve the diplay
update problem we are good to go. It is a fundamental problem. But the main
problem is that Karsten does not have access to a Windows box and relies on
me to test and test and test.

We will figure it out for sure but if you have the nerve try the GNU/Linux
version. Installation is painless. Sure Windows ans Linux could be smarter
(detecting python versions & more ) but that has no priority.

The Windows installer build process is script based. The script is in CVS.
On Windows and linux rebuilding the installer takes only a few minutes of your
time since I have created a build environment. It has not been documented
yet.

Thanks for testing. I will announce updates to the installer as soon as they
appear. BTW. Again. GNU/Linux tgz is complete and works as far as I know.
Please test. Please use savannah's issue tracker if if you find gluitches.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany