[Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:03:56 +0200

Hi all,

just some more bugs I encountered:

when switching between patients I get an error (e.g. in EMR-Browser, although
the plugins seem to refresh properly):

DISPATCHER ERROR: exceptions.AttributeError <cHealthIssueEditArea instance has
no attribute '_patient'>
DISPATCHER ERROR: calling <<bound method
cHealthIssueEditArea._on_activating_patient of
<Gnumed.wxpython.gmEMRStructWidgets.cHealthIssueEditArea instance; proxy of C++
wxPanel instance at _87cc060_wxPanel_p>>> failed

Another error I encountered is some strange behaviour when adding a health
issue to an new patient (try: create a patient, go to the EMR-tree, add a
health issue -> exception is thrown).
There it looks like the get_episodes method adds a 'episodes' item to
__db_cache, but when getting the list of episodes from the backend (rows =
gmPG.run_ro_query('historica', cmd, None, self.pk_patient)) this item gets
deleted by _db_callback_episodes_modified() so that the following extension of
this list-item fails. What I don't really understand is if this is a backend
bug or a bug in the notification methods.

Last but not least I still fail to understand why there are two almost similiar
plugins (EMR-tree, progress notes) that both show a list or tree of health
issues/episodes and offer different functionality. For instance to add a new
health issue or to reorganize the assignation of episodes to health issues you
have to go to the EMR-browser but if you want to add a new episode you must use
the "progress notes" plugin. I don't find this design very intuitive. What is
even worse that there seems to be no design document in the wiki or anywhere
else so I couldn't find any explanation why we must have these two plugins
where one would be sufficent. In addition, I can't find any design concepts for
the rest of the medical functionality gnumed claims to offer in the future.
There are screenshots that describe Richards "unified entry area" concept which
seems to be deprecated or at least has almost no relation to what is functional
right now.
So, what are the design concepts for some of the existing and most of the
missing parts ?

Hilmar