Re: [Gnumed-devel] new movie showcase

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] new movie showcase
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:21:32 -0700

At 1:50 AM +0200 9/9/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

First up. Simulating a patient encounter.
http://www.gnumed-systemhaus.de/videos/new-episode-swf/new-episode.html

First movie demonstrates:
- that when we first arrive, Spock had been the last (i.e. most recent) patient found and displayed are his age of "74y5m" and his allergy "kein allergien bekannt"
   (why is there a question mark in "Capt? Spock")
- that the current tab (= plug-in?) is "Handbuch"
   (what means "Handbuch"?)
- within the search box, the availability of a "tooltip"
   (is this invoked by hovering, or is a "click" required?)
- a search for Kirk input by overtyping into the current Search field value
(the Allergy info changes, but Age does not... is that a bug, or have they the same age?)
- a change of tabs to Velaufsnotizen
   (what means this?)
- entry via keyboard of a SOAP note, including jumping between rows as might occur in a real encounter where during the exam the patient may provide additional history
- the known misbehaviour in which the input areas shrink as text is entered
- support within the text for non-alphanumeric non-punctuation characters e.g. the "degrees" - the user's choice to delay assignment (input) of an Episode name (or is it the AOE?) until the end of the visit, mirroring typical practice for one may not know until completion of the visit what the episode (or is it the AOE?) should be called. - saving of the item, which causes it to appear in the left hand panel with "(Episode)" appended
   (why is it "Episode" whereas the item above it is "Grunderkrankung"?

Any clarifications to the above may help it be useful if I then copy it to the wiki along with a link to the movie.

Additional notes:
- the movie functioned OK from Safari on a Mac though I did have to resize the window to see the bottom, may relate to default Safari window sizes on the 17 inch iMac whose native display is 1440 by 900 pixels - in place of watching the movie in real-time (>5 minutes) you can wait til it loads and then slide the horizontal scroll's thumb to see whatever you want to see.