[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:22:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

MySQL + PHP being used promise a harvest of low-hanging
fruit faster than many other approaches including ours
(PostgreSQL + Python + wxPython + stubborn backend
developer). So what more is there to say, really ?

Well, you say no news to _ME_ - but I'm definitely not your target
audience.  BTW, I've got the feeling that it becomes more and more
important to harvest low-hanging fruits as long as it is faster than
anything else.  Make sure your argument will not be turned against
you once it comes to a discussion.

Perhaps that we don't want to entrust our medical data to a
database that's truncating integers and neither enforces
ACID compliance ?

I guess time will work against this argument because you can't say
that these MySQL guys are sleeping.

So if you want to convince somebody else you are lost if you use
arguments that convince only your own side.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de