[Gnumed-devel] branching a test branch

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] branching a test branch
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 20:55:03 +1100

I was wondering if it would be ok to create a test client branch;
I recently tried out postgresql 8.2 and was able to migrate across
a 4G database onto an old 6G hard drive I found forgotten in my
computer;
However,  8.2 still doesn't  have the child tables inheriting parent
indexes during a query plan, and it took 645000 mseconds (10 minutes)
for a record retrieval , executing a select using the v_pat_narrative
view !
On the other hand, the  test old client can still do it in less than 2
seconds, by explicitly joining the child tables , instead of just the
parent table
(this is clin.clin_root_item). So maybe I should stick the currently
good performing client in a test branch, in case someone else wants
to try out gnumed with a large database.
if ok, where ?