Re: [Gnumed-devel] customizing mailcap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] customizing mailcap
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:38:27 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:54:10AM +1100, syan tan wrote:

> just played with mailcap;  very easy to get the gnumed results viewer
>         the way one wants it;
That's why we use it :-)

BTW, mailcap is supposed to support "cookies" such that and
application can set a cookie when using mailcap to determine
a viewer. The mailcap mechanism in turn would then allow
definition of several viewers per mime type differentiated
by cookies. That way it would be possible to define a
cookie, say, "gnumed viewer" and have some files displayed
differently from within GNUmed than from elsewhere in the
system. This is supposably doable on a per-mimetype basis.

If you find out what we need to do to support this mechanism
I'd be happy to implement it.

>         I am looking for for a graphics viewing application that also
>         has a
>         similiar tab option/single instance and is non-blocking ;

http://www.zmei-soft.com/java/TabImViewer.htm does it. Not
sure it is any good. It doesn't seem FOSS either.