Re: [Gnumed-devel] using cryptmount for postgresql cluster instance

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] using cryptmount for postgresql cluster instance
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:42:46 +0100

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 05:42:34AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> thanks, sounds like a step to the automatic solution.
semi-so, at least

> where would a script creating encrypted mounts go , or is this
> still a separate process ?
I would put a shell script helping with setting up the
encrypted mount under, say,
gnumed/server/setup-encrypted-mount.sh which would check for
installed packages somehow, display instructions on what to
do and sequentially open the config files that need to be
edited.

Or perhaps put the script under gnumed/server/bootstrap/.

The bootstrapper would be configurable to use the "LOCATION"
extension of the "CREATE DATABASE" DDL command. I can easily
see to it that the latter gets done.

> I'm guessing it's the package maintainer,
They would indeed be interested in reading and perhaps
running the above-mentioned shell script.

> as a cryptmount and uswpswp would be optional dependency packages,
They would become Suggests: for gnuemd-server.

> and the
> need for an encrypted mount might be a user-directed option run from the
> package installation script.
Yes.