Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed release

From: syan tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed release
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:15:41 +1100

Can I suggest someway of knowing where in the chronology of notes
a particular point  the episode view is, e.g. like a button , jump
to selected episode, which scrolls the chronology view to the current
episode view ?
Anyone have any opinion about whether import/merge-on-demand is better
than mass import ? Mass import can take quite a long time, maybe it
would be faster to recode in C or C++ ; import on demand means more
space, because the old database has to exist alongside the new database,
and there may be a need for merging / update if the people keep using
an old application "just in case" while they are switching to the old
application, and there may also be a need to *back-import/update* as
the new application is  being used tentatively, to provide some
reassurance that people can back out whenever they want to is needed ;
which would certainly be a feature no other known application has
(as it would not occur to those with a lock-in mentality).
Any opinions which features are worth pursuing ?