Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bootstrap problems

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bootstrap problems
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:01:43 +0100

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:57:14PM +0100, Helge wrote:

> gnumed_v2=# select gm.concat_table_structure();
>           concat_table_structure
> clin.clin_hx_family.clin_when::timestamptz

This is both good and bad news. Your schema dump contains
all the tables we would expect and no more.

This means you can do the following to get your
bootstrapping procedure going:

- go through all the update_db-vX_vY.conf files
- comment out any "template version = ..." lines
- set all "target version = ..." lines to "devel"

This should allow bootstrapping to run through. It will show
a few notes as to not being able to verify hashes but should
run right through. It will (temporarily) deprive you of some
of the verification checks during bootstrapping but should not
otherwise degrade anything.

The root cause seems to be that, indeed, your version of
PostgreSQL appears to sort MD5 values differently from other
versions (which is quite strange but not entirely
impossible). I am working on a permanent fix.

I have also improved the bootstrapper to automatically
include the schema dump if it detects hash errors. So client
already did so.

Thanks for exposing this bug,