[Gnumed-devel] Re: bug reports

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bug reports
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:13:32 -0800

On 1-Jan-08, at 5:01 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Item Group (which I interpret as ~ "Kind")
Characterizes the nature of the item (e.g. Crash Error, Documentation
Typo, Installation Problem, etc
That seems to be a lot more useful to me [than "Category"]

        --> shall I classify unhandled exceptions as Crash Error?
no, it'd be more helpful to try to classify unhandled
exceptions by something like grave (makes gnumed useless in
the related area), important (gnumed can still be used) and
minor (nuisance but no real hindrance).

The savannah bug tracker's "Severity" does already offer, and so we can use:
        Unknown
                ... I suppose temporarily, when info and a decision may be
pending
        1 - Wish
        2 - Minor
                ... visual adjustments
                ... minor typos in GUI or documentation
        3 - Normal
                ... neither 1,2 nor 4-6?
        4 - Important
                ... makes user experience confusing or very frustrating, or
                ... maybe an important functional omission
        5 - Blocker     (like your "grave")
        6 - Security