Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server dependencies for Mac OS X

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Server dependencies for Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:47:11 +0100

On Mittwoch 02 Januar 2008, James Busser wrote:
> thread was
>       Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real
>

> Dave, even if you have postgres already installed, a machine's
> ability to run a GNUmed server will depend on the machine *also*
> having installed additional dependencies which, in the case of
> Debian, (*)buntu, SuSE and Mandriva are taken care-of by the
> net_install, whereas the installation of these additional
> dependencies on a Mac have not yet been scripted.
The same cannot be done unless one has dawinports installed and relies on
darwinport for all dependencies including posgres (I think).

> It is to the aforementioned net_install script that Karsten was
> referring when he wrote "we'd be happy to integrate... MacOSX"
> prompting Sebastian's counterpoint of whether the extra dependencies
> (plus Postgres) are best installed a "server Mac" by use of the gui
> packages.
>
> Maybe for *limited* testing of the server (as opposed to a production
> environment) not all of the following Debian list are needed by Mac
> OS X?
>
>       gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname
> coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2
On the Mac I use I installed a gui postresql , the gui version of the
dependencies for the client like pycopg2,mxtools, PIL. Details in the wiki.

And that is about it. MC is not needed, neither is bzip2 (but nice to have),
gnupg is optional, same goes for anacron and openssl.

If one has a cleint running from source (tar.gz) the server part will work as
well. In that case there is a script in the server tar.gz called
bootstrap-latest.sh which should bootstrap just fine.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany