Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feedback on GNUmed-client. for Mac OS

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Feedback on GNUmed-client. for Mac OS
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:25:04 +0100

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:50:10AM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> on Intel suffers the same display problem while showing status of
> plug-in modules being loaded
> on Intel opens with better-formed and properly positioned windows
> ... still shows some incorrectly-formed rectangles (see lower corners) but
> *much* better!
That should be resolved by resizing the window.

> ... it is now possible to see, and use, the patient search field
> ... searching for Kirk still shows 2 matches (are these 2 distinct persons
> in database?)
> ... searching for Ki Ja shows 6 matches (3 instances of each of 2 distinct
> persons in database?)
> ... searching for Ja Ki shows the same 6 matches
They are all the same patient just found by different
queries run against the databse. In 0.2.9 the duplicates are
weeded out before display.

> I tried the Tools > Snellen chart command which did pop open a "Snellen
> Chart Setup" window however triggered a GNUmed exception handler.
Should be fixed.

> The
> handler did allow me to enter/edit in the Comment field however the "View
> log" button remains unresponsive... when I clicked "Send report", the next
> window did pop open and I accepted the option to include the log and, after
> apparent processing, I was returned to the original exception handler
> window. This makes it hard to know whether a report had in fact been sent.
> Is it desirable for the exception handler to default to "Send report"  and
> perhaps code it so that after this is clicked, the default button becomes
> "Keep running"?
I will add more prominent feedback by way of a status

> After the Snellen exception, I continued to run GNUmed, though could not
> get the Snellen window to do anything (clicking OK just dismissed it and
> changing settings within it appeared to make no difference).
That is why the handler warns about unexpected behaviour.
The internal state of Python isn't computationally
guarantueed anymore.

GPG key ID E4071346 @
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346