Re: Lab importing Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bootstrap of (test) lab data

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Lab importing Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bootstrap of (test) lab data
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:23:36 +0100

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:40:43PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> Labs would give me the use case (after I got server support, and a backup
> protocol maybe using JungleDisk going) to try to use GNUmed in real life.
That's a strong incentive to us.

> Other people's  priorities could include stabilization and debugging of
> what is already there in 0.2.8 / 0.2.9.
Debugging is *always* top priority.

> Are there any other priorities that leave me alone in my interest to get
> the labs more developed?
Not really. Your consistent support does entitle you (in a
FOSS community sense) to have your use case considered
upper-part-of-list priority.

> The alternative would be that a service might be developed with less work,
> in Java, to import the data into British Columbia users of GNUmed if it is
> reasonable for this service to not have to interact with Python middleware.
Using Mirth would probably disallow use of existing Python
middleware. Which may prompt us to move some functionality
(like create_or_activate_encounter) into a backend stored
procedure. Which isn't that bad a thing after all.