Re: [Gnumed-devel] bugs in Contacts panel of Patient details

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bugs in Contacts panel of Patient details
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:31:14 +0100

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:45:26PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> In the upper (Address) portion, the phrasewheel manifests the same problem
> as before but at least was partly visible peeking out *behind* the "Adding
> new address" widget screen, however with a twist.
Again, is there *any* phrasewheel that works as it should ?
I do have some idea about what causes this behaviour (namely
parenting or size calculating not matching with what MacOSX
expects). It'd be a lot easier to verify if I had a working
and a non-working example to look at in the code.

There is one line which you might edit if you feel
adventurous to see whether it makes any difference:

gnumed/client/wxpython/gmPhraseWheel.py

change line (about 206):

        self.__picklist_dropdown = wx.Window(parent=self, style =
wx.SIMPLE_BORDER)

into:

        self.__picklist_dropdown = wx.Window(parent=parent, style =
wx.SIMPLE_BORDER)

> Maybe it is still peculiar to wxMac because there have been times that even
> when I switched to a different application on my Mac, the front-most GNUmed
> window remained floating above the windows of my newly selected Mac
> application that was otherwise brought to the front.
That is indeed Mac behaviour. In fact, it depens on what
Window Managers in general think they need doing with
STAY_ON_TOP and FLOAT_ON_PARENT styles for modal windows.

> Also in the same screen shot can be seen that when an existing
> communication channel was selected (lower left of screen)
> , the Edit button was dimmed.

Well, that's because editing isn't yet supported in 0.2.8
:-)   It is in 0.2.9, though.