Re: [Gnumed-devel] Edit document properties

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Edit document properties
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:58:36 +0100

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:19:41AM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> I imported a document to Kirk's archive at salaam but did not put in any
> summary text at that time.
>
> In Documents view, among the right-click options, I am not sure how to
> understand what is meant by
>
>       Edit corresponding consultation
>
> since the document was associated with an episode. Maybe because that
> episode was active (or maybe even if it was not active) the import of
> the document creates an encounter and this menu command offers the user
> to edit the AOE fir this encounter/encountlet?

It's not just that importing documents "creates" an
encounter - it also guaratuees, the encounter will stay
around (and not be deleted later on account of being
"empty" - it isn't).

Now, if all I do is import a document and not add any
clinical notes the encounter will not be listed in the EMR
tree (as there aren't any notes). While this will eventually
change for now the only way to edit said document-only
encounter is via the above menu item in the documents tree.

> Next, with
>
>       "Edit document properties"
>
> even when I zoomed it to full screen could not see how I would be able to
> input the optional free text that would have been possible under Import
> documents. Is this an oversight since I believe the user is here supposed
> to be able to access everything that would have been available to input
> under the Import document widget?
*cough* *cough*  We don't really support that field yet :-(

> PS in the "Edit document properties" widget the checkbox
>
>       "sign all pages"
>
> can be updated to
>
>       "sign all parts"
Done.