Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:55:10 +0200

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:04:20PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> - suggest the "Review" button be relabeled "Review..." since, after it is
> clicked, it requires additional user decisions and actions

Done. Always glad about such hints. It's, however, useful to
have them trickle in at a manageable rate as it is very easy
to flood programming bandwidth with such adjustments.

An otherwise non-programmer contributor who gives thougthful
feedback on such items (unconciously) filtering by impact,
severity and urgency, and attaching good reason is an
invaluable resource to any project !

> - suggest that next to the Review button be added "Abnormal-only" and
> "Significant-only" which would filter (subselect) from within the
> current display... these buttons would ignore whether or not any cells
> had been highlighted
Yes, but

- intended for the next iteration
- intended to live in two lines just *above* the grid
  - one line "filters: [] ... [] ... [] ..."
  - one line "sorters: () ... () ... () ..."
  - perhaps the sorters should be a combobox selector
    in Richards toolbar
  - probably not so for filters as they can be combined
    and thus need more screen space
- would apply to all test results, not just the visible ones

> - in the case where the display contains a large number of items, there
> won't be enough room for them to be re-displayed inside the Review
> widget, which then would create a problem, therefore remove this display
> from inside the widget?
I am fine with that if people agree.

> I suppose it would no longer then be correct for
> the prompt to say "... ALL test results listed below", it would have to
> say "... ALL items currently-selected." If it is easy to implement, a
> "count" of the number of items currently-selected could be performed, and
> if it were a single item, *that* one could be represented in the widget,
> and otherwise the prompt could say "... ALL <n> items
> currently-selected."
I am now displaying items if there's up to then. Otherwise
it informs "too many to display individually". The message
above now says "... ALL results currently selected in the
viewer ..."