Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:52:23 -0700

On 30-Mar-08, at 12:59 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, James Busser wrote:
um... what is the symbol which, in the last screenshot, now appears
at the right margin within each result cell since I would have
thought these particular results might have been normal... are those
hierarchical "expand" triangles in order to show more information?
this would strike most people as unfamiliar...

I think that its a hand holding a pen
which to me suggests that there is something more to be seen

Liz seems correct as far as it seeming to be a hand holding a pen (see enlarged screenshot).

However as to what it *means* I suspect it means those labs have been reviewed (signed). I am still not sure what would be most useful, for most people, regarding how result "metadata" is best incorporated...

        ... lab-returned designators or flags (like abnormal)
        ... lab-returned additional data (like comments)
... gnumed-side metadata (technically-abnormal, clinically significant, who signed, target range)

Are ellipses (the cluster of 3 periods …) both international and multilingual, in terms of communicating that "more follows" ?Would this be too visually small, or subtle, to incorporate?

PNG image