[Gnumed-devel] Re: Adding new address widget and new patient creation wi

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Adding new address widget and new patient creation widgets
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:49:49 -0700

self-replying...

On 13-May-08, at 1:40 PM, James Busser wrote:

8. in the new patient creation widget, it is only the Last name, First name(s), Date of birth and Gender that are required. However if a user wishes to enter any address information, they must enter all information. Any idea how to communicate the linkage in this information?

I found in the wiki topic BasicPatientHandling

Some combinations of fields may only become mandatory if any of them is filled in (eg one cannot enter just a zip code and leave blank the rest of the address fields). Mandatory fields that are missing data will be prompted and underlaid in pink when the attempt is made to save the patient.

I am not seeing the "pink", for example if (in the Add Contact widget) I enter a zip code and click Save. Is this "pink" not yet implemented, or maybe only seen under Linux or Windows? If visible, can an example of how to provoke it be supplied?