Re: [Gnumed-devel] usage problems

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] usage problems
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:15:25 +0200

> > The intention is to have them jump to the previous/next
> > field only if they are in the first/last line of one of the
> > multiline input fields. The calculation for this seems to
> > get confused at times while it works right at others. If you
> > think this is a big concern I can disable that behaviour
> > easily.
>
> My philosophy is that if a person uses a computer for more than one
> program,
> he gets used to some keys behavior. Changing it is awfully annoying.
> Really!
> Tab/Shift-Tab are commonly used to swich fields, and arrows are for
> navigation inside text.
Well, since the text controls for entering either of SOAP are placed next
to each other without any pixels between them they appear as if they
are one big field rather than several of them. To our current users it
apparently feels
not unnatural to have the up-arrow key "jump fields" when in the first line.

> If you can restore default key actions, I'd be happy.
I will ask existing users about that.

If the don't like a change I'll see if I can make it configurable.

> > > 4. Options/User interface/Workplaces dialog shows the list with only
> one
> > > first letter for each defined workplaces.
> > > The same is in the next "Plugins" dialog.
> >
> > Oops, will track that down. Ah, thanks for reporting that -
> > just at the right time. It is fixed now in CVS and will
> > appear in 0.3-rc3.
> Now works fine, thanks. (What was it?)

I changed the way how a subscriptable datatype was detected when adding items
to a listctrl. That
led to strings inside a list to be detected subscriptable. They are indeed
subscripable but a list of strings
was intended to be a list of single-item rows for the listctrl. However, after
detection a list of strings
would be treated as a list of multiple item rows -- only the first of which
(the first letter, that is) was
used for the first column.

Strings (unicode/standard) are a special case here as a) yes they are
subscriptable but b) no we don't want to subscript them. So strings got special
cased and everything works nicely now.

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden