Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3-rc4 released

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3-rc4 released
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:06:28 -0300

That is a important question I meaned to ask ...

How many gnumed DB can I have on a localhost: ?

My idea is running at least 2 ... a testing one where I can get the CVS and the latest version to point to it and a REAL one where I would like to start working with my patients on ...

My question is: how to protect the REAL one, and then how to COPY the REAL one to the TESTING DB (so I can test new developments as I work on my real practice).

Thanks

Rogerio

PS: I am starting a new DB for my patients this week, do you think it is ok to start using the 0.3 cleint on a v-9 ? I donĀ“t like the way the 0.28 client works on my machine :) . Will the bootstrap to _v9 script come within the tarball?

2008/8/17, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 02:09:27PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Can we have access to the instalation packages? Like the .deb?

There are no .debs yet and there will not be before 0.3.0
has been released.

Nonetheless you can (should be able to) run the tarball on a
Debian system even in parallel to an installed .deb.

> Can we test it in our REAL patient DB?

Sure, download the v9 server package and create a gnumed_v9
database from your existing gnumed_v8. Using the old client
you can still connect to gnumed_v8 for real work while using
the 0.3.rc client to test the gnumed_v9 database. When 0.3.0
is released and you are satisfied with it and ready to
switch just re-convert your gnumed_v8 to gnumed_v9 and
continue running with the 0.3 client.

Your existing gnumed_v8 is not modified at all by the
upgrade to gnumed_v9 and you can re-convert as often as you
like.

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346