Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.0 for Debian

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.0 for Debian
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:37:53 +0200

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 09:07:36AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> I f I don't mix up thing than the next stable release will be called Lenny
> and
> is now known as testing.
Correct.

> If possible please create a version 0.3.0 for Lenny so I can include it into
> the new Live-CD.
Won't happen. Lenny is frozen.

The most Andreas should do is to upload a 0.3.x.deb to
unstable which is then installed into a Lenny system (that
should work just fine).

> The guys from Debian-Live have been working hard to produce a live CD. It
> would be disappointing if people on our reference platform cannot get the
> latest stable GNUmed.

*That* means you are asking for versions to be provided on backports.

> Even more it delays bug reports as people using Lenny/testing for now will
> have no way to test this. I will set up a Debian repository for the time
> being so people can install from there without having to go for a
> testing/unstable mix.
Yep, that's another option. And not a bad one at that. It
may make sense to ask someone who already has a repository
to host it - like Christian Marillat.

I am not sure how identical this is to putting a
current-still-testing Version on backports.

Actually, we are saying that our latest released version
runs on Debian/Testing, not Debian/Stable. It's only during
the Freeze period that that's a bit harder to do than usual.