Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Office templates

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Office templates
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:43:25 +0200

Tuesday 02 of September 2008 12:29:27 pm Karsten Hilbert napisaƂ(a):
> > 'gmForms.replace_placeholders' references data for a
> > placeholder as a handler's property. Exactly the same syntax
> > is used to get data from a dictionary {}.
> >
> > So I can simply do:
> >
> > placeholders_data = {
> >                     'operation_diagnosis': node_data['operation_diagnosis'],
> >                     'lastname':
> > self.__patient.get_active_name()['lastnames'],
> >                     'firstname':
> > self.__patient.get_active_name()['firstnames']
> >                     }
> > doc.replace_placeholders(handler = placeholders_data)
> >
> > Works like a charm :-)
>
> However, you ain't passing "fixed data" ;-)  although you
> don't know that ...  The get_active_name() stuff isn't
> immutable ...
Of course. But at the moment of calling replace_placeholders it is fixed. And
it is also fixed (known) before opening a template. So it can be passed to
the procedure opening the template. This is what I meant.

Now I'm happy with this what I discovered.

Thanks.

Jerzy Luszawski