Re: [Gnumed-devel] /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf and 2008-08-27 log

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf and 2008-08-27 log
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 19:41:00 +0200

On Mittwoch 27 August 2008, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:59:22PM -0400, Geordie wrote:
> > Goodday Karsten
>
> This is going to be our daily file exchange :-)
>
> > What does your /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf look like ?
> > I do not have this folder.
>
> Whoa, what's this Sidux packaging like ?!?   Both the Debian
> package and the upstream tarball have that file. The Wiki
> also talks about it ...
>
>       http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigFiles
>
> We *used* to use /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf (years ago). You
> might want to file a change request with the Sidux
> distribution.
>
> > Here is /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf FYI
>
> OK, good, try renaming that to
> /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf (or create a symlink)
>
> > [backend]
> > profiles = $profiles$
> > public GNUmed database
> > local GNUmed database
> > $profiles$
>
> Those are the profiles you will be able to select in the
> login widget. However, the actual profile data is defined
>
> further below:
> > [profile public GNUmed database]
> > host = salaam.homeunix.com
> > port = 5432
> > database = gnumed_v8
> > #encoding = UTF8
> >
> > [profile local GNUmed database]
> > host = localhost
> > port = 5432
> > database = gnumed_v8
> > #encoding = UTF8
>
> That looks OK to me.
>
> > file:///etc/gnumed/gm_ctl_client.conf
>
> Don't worry about this file for now.
>
> > I am still unable to connect the database. Any ideas?
>
> Yeah, copy the /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf to
> /etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf.

I might be wrong but in the past there was a time when packagers renamed that
file. For rpm packages I do:

cp client/connectors/gm_ctl_client.conf \
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/gnumed/gm_ctl_client.conf

cp client/doc/gnumed.conf.example $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf

cp client/doc/gnumed-client.conf.example \
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/gnumed/gnumed-client.conf

Is  that correct ?

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany