[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:49:36 +0200

>>>>> "James" == James Busser <address@hidden> writes:

James> As a minimum, maybe the act of preparing a release can include a
James> redirection of the default destination for bug report
James> emails... to send them somewhere other than the dev list.

James> This would leave reports originating from being run from cvs (and
James> tarballs)? to the dev list if there remains a feeling that bugs
James> originating from these versions are still useful to come to -dev.

Well, I promise it's the last time I'm writing about it...

I strongly believe that the devel list is not the place for handling
bug-reports if we can use bug tracker for it.

It simply 'pollutes' the space which can be used for discussing new
features, planning releases, roadmap, etc.

Bugs should go to the bug tracker and be handled there.

Everyone who is interested for bug squashing can easily subscribe to the
bug(s) he/she is interested, but why to force all the subscribers of the
list (which now includes both devs & users) to receive those bug-reports?

Moreover, instead of having each bug-reported as separate ticket, now
all those bug reports are just like crawling ants in devel-list.

There is already bug tracker on Savannah but it is not used.

We proposed and created GNUmed dev team and the GNUmed project was
already registered by Sebastian earlier.

However, the features available on LP won't be used auto-magically, but
it requires conscious decision, so it would be nice if main devs
(Karsten, Sebastian..) can tell us openly if they are for it or no.

It does not make sense to waste electronic-ink for the non-relevant
issues.

Personally, my plate is not empty at all and there are plenty of things I
can/should do instead.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D